Senior Care Assistants
Towerview care provides specialist care for working age and older people living with dementia, mental health issues and complex needs that may challenge. Our cheerful and compassionate nursing team carries out a wide range of general and personal care tasks, offering our ladies and gentlemen emotional as well as physical care in spacious and secure communities.
Our Senior Care Assistants ensure that standards of professional practice are consistently maintained and are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the individuals we support. They supervise the care team to make sure all policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the homes. and strive to create a warm and friendly environment for our ladies and gentlemen.
Senior Care Assistants are mentors for our care assistants – providing advice, guidance and leadership. In addition, they are Key Workers for our ladies and gentlemen and work closely with our nursing team to provide outstanding care to those who reside with us.
Senior Care Assistants are responsible for:
- To maintain the professional integrity of the home and represent its interests in any dealings with other bodies, groups or individuals
- To ensure that the highest standards of care are applied by staff
- To co-operate with CQC inspector and inspections
- Promote and support effective communication throughout the service
- Ensure training is attended and up to date
- Maintain infection control procedures
Care and support of individuals
- To assist in decision making – ensuring appropriate capacity is known and proper support sourced if required
- To ensure that positive, therapeutic relationships are formed with all individuals whom you are caring for
- Have working knowledge of all individuals who you support care plans, risk assessments and treatment pathways in place
- To promote relationships which enable each service user to participate in social activities both within the home and in the community – supporting and directing good quality of life
- To support and assist the nurse with the administration of meds when required (must be meds trained)
- To provide direct care to the individuals living in Towerview.
- To participate in any audits undertaken within the home.
- To contribute and support the named nurse in the completion of care planning, risk assessment and treatment pathway for your allocated individuals
- Along with the named nurse, communicate regularly with family, next of kin, the person identified as necessary to the individual
- To spend 1:1 time while on shift with your allocated individuals
- To ensure that your assigned individual’s belongings are maintained, and all provision required provided / or supported to obtain
- To ensure staff have an effective induction into your service – taking the lead from the nurse in charge
- To work alongside your staff team and provide support and leadership for staff
- To provide and support staff with training and skill development if a deficit is identified
- Ensure all team members are aware of any changes in care to be given, liaise with Nurse in charge of all changes implemented
- Recognise the importance of personal contribution to staff morale
- To provide supervision to care, staff.
- To receive regular supervision and annual appraisal.
Premises and Service
- Be diligent in all aspects of health and safety policies (awareness of your responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974) and COSHH regulations, identify and record/report any concerns
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all matters they may learn in the source of their employment. Under the requirements of the GDPR guidelines
- Report all accidents and incidents to the Nurse in Charge
- Ensure all records and documents are files appropriately and safely
- Liaise with Housekeeping, Kitchen and maintenance to ensure efficient working and communication.
If you would like to join our superhero team, please click here.